New parents have told us how they often feel overwhelmed with so much conflicting information – it’s not easy to sort fact from fiction!
The My Baby Now app offers you trustworthy and up-to-date information about feeding and active play with your baby.
My Baby Now is an app developed by experts in child nutrition and active play at Deakin University and the University of Sydney, and with input from parents and Maternal and Child Health Nurses.
My Baby Now also complements the information provided in the MCH app. The MCH app covers broader topics around development, while the My Baby Now app provides a more detailed focus on feeding and active play. Both are trusted sources of information for you.
The My Baby Now app offers you information, forums and quizzes about:
- Your pregnancy including a week by week guide and preparing for your baby
- Breastfeeding, best-practice formula feeding and mixed feeding
- Introducing solids, including articles/videos on baby led weaning and vegetarian/vegan diets
- Understanding and responding to their baby’s cues/signs
- When and how to introduce solid foods and a sippy cup
- Family meal and recipe ideas
- Active play ideas
- Strategies for limiting screens
- Experiences, strategies and tips from other parents
The My Baby Now app and INFANT
INFANT consists of group sessions led by a nurse or other practitioner with content reinforced by the My Baby Now app. INFANT is an evidence-based program based on more than 15 years of research, led by experts at Deakin University. INFANT is designed to promote healthy eating, increase active play and reduce screen time for infants from birth until 18 months of age.
Find out if INFANT sessions are offered in your area https://www.infantprogram.org/parents/
Hear more about the My Baby Now app from Sheree, a parent from the INFANT program: