Try adding veggies into every meal – they’re versatile and can even be incorporated into breakfast!
Remember, it’s all about consistency. So, the more you include veggies into each of your baby’s meals, the more likely they are to enjoy them – making mealtimes more enjoyable for everyone!
Try out the recipe below for a simple, nutrient rich breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- 1 egg (beaten)
- a splash water or milk
- handful cooked mushrooms or vegetables (frozen or leftovers are perfect)
- handful grated cheese (optional)
- pinch dried mixed herbs (optional)
- 1 teaspoon canola or olive oil
- Heat oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Beat water/milk and egg with herbs (if using).
- Add egg mixture to hot pan.
- Cook the egg mixture until the bottom has set on the pan.
- Add the vegetables and sprinkle with cheese (if using).
- Finish cooking by placing pan under a hot grill for a few seconds if required to cook the egg all the way through (so there are no clear bits of egg).
To serve the family
Follow the same method but allow per adult:
- 1–1 ½ eggs
AND for every extra adult:
- double the amount of water and vegetables
Good for: any mealtime as well as breakfast; the whole family
Note: always cook eggs well
Read more about the My Baby Now app in our recent blog post below:
Parents and caregivers with a baby under 12 months old can access the app here: https://is.gd/parentMBN
See our past recipes for more mealtime inspiration:
- April: Lentil Cottage Pie
- March: Veggie Citrus Muffins
- February: Sweetcorn and Pea Risotto
Did you make this recipe?
The evaluation of the INFANT scale-up is funded by an Australian National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) Partnership Grant (GNT1161223 2019-24) and VicHealth. Deakin University gratefully acknowledges the Victorian Department of Health for additional funding to enhance the implementation of INFANT across Victoria in 2020-22.