What better way to introduce your baby to different textures than with soft and crispy fish patties. These patties are great for baby-led weaning as they’re perfect texture for babies to grab and pop into their mouths by themselves.
We love these patties as they’re great for the whole family, packed full of protein, omega-3 and lightly flavored with mild herbs. This recipe is simple and freezer friendly so you can double the batch and freeze the extra for another day!
Good for: the whole family
Storage: freezer friendly
Note: serve with salad or steamed vegetables
- 400g sweet potatoes (peeled, cut into cubes)
- 150g frozen peas (cooked)
- 400g salmon or tuna (canned or freshly cooked)
- herbs e.g. parsley or dill (finely chopped)
- 4 teaspoons baby rice cereal
- 80g multigrain breadcrumbs
- a little canola or olive oil for frying
- Microwave or boil sweet potatoes until just tender.
- In a large bowl, mix and mash the potato and peas.
- Add the salmon/tuna, herbs and baby rice cereal, then mix well (no need to be smooth).
- Using your hands, form into patties, coating each in breadcrumbs, then place on a plate.
- Store in the fridge for 20–30 minutes to set.
- Heat oil in large frying pan on medium-high.
- Lightly fry patties in batches until golden brown.
- Drain on kitchen paper then serve with salad or steamed vegetables.
See our past recipes below or download the My Baby Now App for more recipe inspiration:
- Pear Muffins
- Spaghetti Bolognese
- Veggie Omelette
- Lentil Cottage Pie
- Veggie Citrus Muffins
- Sweetcorn and Pea Risotto
- Lentil Dhal
Read more about the My Baby Now app in our recent blog post below:
Did you make this recipe?