We’ve made it to the final month of summer and what better way to enjoy the warm weather than with a simple, chilled breakfast.
Bircher muesli is a perfect breakfast for you and your little ones as it contains oats which are great for maintaining energy levels throughout the day.
This simple recipe is packed full of nutrients and perfect for sweet tooths as it is naturally sweetened with dried fruit. The mushy texture is also great for little ones that are new to solids.
Do you know what the best part is? This recipe can easily be prepared the night before so that you can grab and go – and enjoy the beautiful sunshine!
Good for: the whole family
Storage: in the fridge for up to 2 days, covered
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons cow’s milk (or made up formula milk)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened plain natural yoghurt
- ½ cup finely chopped dried fruit (e.g. apricots, dates and sultanas)
- 1 small pear or apple
- Mix everything together (except the pear or apple).
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, grate the pear or apple (skin on) and stir into the oat mixture.
- Serve cold in summer or gently warm for winter.
To serve the family
Follow the same method but use the following amounts per adult:
- ⅓ cup oats
- ½ cup milk (your usual)
- ¼ cup unsweetened plain natural yoghurt
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup dried fruit
See our past recipes below or download the My Baby Now App for more recipe inspiration:
- Pear Muffins
- Spaghetti Bolognese
- Veggie Omelette
- Lentil Cottage Pie
- Veggie Citrus Muffins
- Sweetcorn and Pea Risotto
- Lentil Dhal
- Fish Patties
Read more about the My Baby Now app in our recent blog post below:
Parents and caregivers with a baby under 12 months old can access the app here:
Did you make this recipe?
Share your thoughts and tag @INFANTProgram on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn so we can see all the deliciousness!