Are you seeking simple, nutritious, and budget-friendly meal ideas for your family? Look no further than our delightful tuna and creamed corn macaroni recipe, designed to check all the right boxes.
Centered around tuna, this recipe offers a budget-conscious way to boost vital nutrients like omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, and protein in your family’s diet.
One of the best features of this recipe is its suitability for babies who are just starting to explore solid foods. The soft and creamy texture of the dish makes it easy for them to chew and swallow, ensuring a hassle-free mealtime experience for both you and your little one.
Short on time? The key ingredients, including tinned tuna, tinned creamed corn, and dry macaroni, can be conveniently stored for long periods. So go ahead and stock up on these pantry staples to have them on hand for those moments when you need a quick and effortless dinner solution.
Give it a try and enjoy the convenience of a meal that meets your family’s needs without breaking the bank.
- Good for: any meal time
- Storage: freezer friendly
- Note: babies and young children love tuna; great source of iron and calcium
- ½ cup macaroni (or other pasta)
- 2 tablespoons tinned tuna in spring water (drained)
- 2 tablespoons creamed corn
- ¼ cup grated cheese
- 2 tablespoons cow’s milk (or breast/made up formula)
- Cook macaroni/pasta according to the instructions on pack.
- Drain water from macaroni then return to pot.
- Over medium heat, add milk and cheese, stirring until combined and cheese has melted.
- Stir in creamed corn and tuna.
- Mash/purée to required consistency before serving warm.
- Freeze any unused macaroni in ice trays for later.
See our past recipes below or download the My Baby Now App for more recipe inspiration:
- Pear Muffins
- Spaghetti Bolognese
- Veggie Omelette
- Lentil Cottage Pie
- Veggie Citrus Muffins
- Sweetcorn and Pea Risotto
- Lentil Dhal
- Fish Patties
- Bircher Muesli
- Rainbow chips
Read more about the My Baby Now app in our recent blog post below:
Parents and caregivers with a baby under 18 months old can access the app here:
Did you make this recipe?