This pumpkin, carrot, and parsnip soup is the ultimate winter delight, perfect for cosying up during the chilly days and nights.
With the combination of pumpkin, carrot, parsnip, and mild spices, it offers a variety of flavours that are perfect for babies that are learning about flavour combinations.
This liquid texture serves as an excellent option for introducing new flavours to your baby, ensuring they eat a variety of vegetables in one sitting.
Good for: the whole family
Storage: freezer friendly
Note: be careful when blending hot soup as splashes can burn!
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 heaped teaspoon cumin
- 300g pumpkin (cut into large cubes)
- 3 carrots (skin on, sliced thickly)
- 2 parsnips (skin on, sliced thickly)
- 1L no added salt stock
- a little canola or olive oil
- Greek yoghurt, to serve
- Heat a splash of oil in large pot on medium-high heat.
- Cook the onion and garlic for 2–3 minutes or until softened and slightly browned.
- Add all other ingredients (except yoghurt) and bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until everything is soft.
- Blend soup and serve with a dollop of Greek yoghurt.
See our past recipes below or download the My Baby Now App for more recipe inspiration:
- Pear Muffins
- Spaghetti Bolognese
- Veggie Omelette
- Lentil Cottage Pie
- Veggie Citrus Muffins
- Sweetcorn and Pea Risotto
- Lentil Dhal
- Fish Patties
- Bircher Muesli
- Rainbow chips
- Tuna and Creamed Corn Macaroni
Read more about the My Baby Now app in our recent blog post below:
Parents and caregivers with a baby under 18 months old can access the app here:
Did you make this recipe?